Instruction for Reports
See FYP Report Structure.
Suggested report length (12pt font, excluding appendix):
- Proposal Report: 6 pages
- Progress Report: 10 pages
- Final Report: 40 pages
Download report/essay templates:
- Monthly Report Template (required for October, November and December)
- Individual Essay Template
- Individual Self-Assessment Report Template
All FYP/FYT reports, presentation slides and posters are to be submitted online via the FYP Management System.
- The system accepts .pdf and .doc/.docx file only.
- Files uploaded to the system will be renamed to [group_id]_[AID]_[type of report], e.g. 19_DL3_prog.docx
- Any group member may upload the reports for their group, but the system will only keep the most recently uploaded file. Older versions will be replaced by the newly uploaded file.
- Uploaded files cannot be deleted.
- Students may download their uploaded file for checking.
- Reports cannot be uploaded after the due time on the due date.
The CSE department wishes all students to learn to write good academic reports. Thus, ALL FYP/FYT students are required to meet with our Communication Tutors responsible for FYP/FYT twice before the final report is due:
- Once before the progress report is due, i.e. to seek help before the proposal report is due or to discuss the proposal report and prepare for the progress report. If you failed to meet the Communication Tutors, you will NOT be able to submit your progress report.
- Once before the final report is due, i.e. to seek help before the final report is due or to discuss your progress report and prepare for the final report. If you failed to meet the Communication Tutors, you will NOT be able to submit your final report.
Check the Communication Tutors Website for more details.