- Global Celebration - San Francisco
- Professor Qian ZHANG appointed as the Tencent Professor of Engineering and Chair Professor of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- PhD Graduate Received Hong Kong Young Scientist Award 2015
- The first HKUST Big Data Master Program fills skills shortage
- HKUST MOE/MSRA Information Technology Key Laboratory AI Workshop and HKUST Microsoft Student Club formally Established
- The MSc in Big Data Technology Program is officially approved and launched on Dec 9th, 2015
- CSE Alumni Family Homecoming Day 2015
- HKUST and WeChat Establish Joint Lab on Artificial Intelligence Technology
- Creating a predictive future with big data
- PhD Students Awarded 2015 The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
- The first Imagine Camp in Hong Kong featuring latest innovations in the digital world
- CSE PhD students Rongxin Wu and Xiao Xiao publish the first POPL paper from Hong Kong universities
Establishment of HKUST Big Data Institute (BDI) effective 1 Feb 2016
Over the past years, we have established several key big data related initiatives. These includes the WeChat HKUST AI Center (WHAT LAB), Big-Data Bio-Intelligence Center (BDBI) and the MSC Program on Big Data Technology (BDT).
With the establishment of the BDI, we wish to include more research, knowledge transfer and educational programs under the Institute's umbrella. We hope to play a major role in the development of Big Data Technology and Data Science Programs in this region and in the world.
HKUST launches Big Data Platform at CSE Department
The HKUST Big Data effort includes a many active researchers across different fields in several large-scale industrial research projects. A versatile Big Data platform allows the research to be intimately connected with practical applications of Big Data.
20 April 2016 (Wed), 6-7pm, LTF
6 April 2016 (Wed), 6-7pm, LTB
30 March 2016 (Wed), 6-7pm, LTF
9 May 2016 (Mon), 4:00pm, LTF
No upcoming thesis defenses