How do good UX and UI design make great difference in Web development? & Its Career opportunities in HK
Date: 26 October 2016 (Wednesday)
Title: How do good UX and UI design make great difference in Web development? & Its Career opportunities in HK
Speakers: Jens Nielsen, Simon Lim, Vivian Lai, General Assembly
The talk will give an brief introduction on the trend of web development in HK and Asia-Pacific region. You'll be introduced on what is UX, data science, digital marketing and data analytics. Possible job prospects in the related area in local market will be introduced, with the successful stories shared.
Focus of the talks:
- Web Development in HK and the region (Jens)
- What is UX, Data Science, Digital Marketing and Data Analytics (Jens)
- Job prospects in tech in HK (Vivian)
- Quick intro. of GA
- Sharing about his experiences in the region in Web Development and Tech (Jens)
- Job opportunities
- Market needs
- What employers look for
- Advice for graduating CS students
- Sharing on the different specializations. UX, Data, Digital Marketing etc. (Simon)
- The tech jobs in HK, some success stories of students from GA (Jens)
- Q&A and wrap up
Biography of the Speakers:
Jens Nielsen is instructor, General Assembly and Co-Founder, WeDoBigIdeas. Jens is a hybrid-developer with a background in both development and design. He has lead multinational and multicultural teams on digital projects for New World Development, Chow Tai Fook and South China Morning Post. He has also taught Global Software Development at Peking University and The IT University of Copenhagen. Jens is also a co-founder of WeDoBigIdeas, a startup focusing on The Internet of Things.
Simon has been in the Education field for the last 8 years, he was the director of a tertiary institution in HK, collaborated with Universities and schools APAC and South Asia.
Vivian is lecturer for ten years at HKU SPACE in marketing, and had previously worked for media companies.