Last updated on Feb 16, 2020
I have been fortunate to work with a number of talented and hard-working students. Each and every single one of them is close to my heart. My best wishes are always with them.
- Shixuan Sun. PhD 2020. Thesis: Accelerating In-Memory Subgraph Matching on a Single Machine. First placement: Postdoc at National University of Singapore.
- Shuang Qiu. PhD 2019. Thesis: Parallelizing De Novo Assembly with Heterogeneous Processors. First placement: DJI Corp., Shenzhen, China.
- Yun Wang. PhD 2018 (Co-advised by Huamin Qu). Thesis: Generating And Authoring Narrative Visualization For Data Insight Communication. First placement: Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing, China.
- Fengchao Peng. PhD 2018 (Co-advised by Lionel M. Ni). Thesis: Supervised and Unsupervised Learning for Temporal Data Analysis. First placement: Huawei Corp., Shanghai, China.
- Xibo Zhou. PhD 2018 (Co-advised by Lionel M. Ni). Thesis: Data Management and Analysis on Taxi Trajectories. First placement: BOE Technology Group, Beijing, China.
- Xiaoying Jia. PhD 2017. Thesis: Cross-matching Big Astronomic Catalogs On Heterogeneous Clusters. First placement: NVIDIA Corp., Beijing.
- Hao Liu. PhD 2017. Co-advised by Lionel M. Ni. Thesis: Cross-Column Redundancy: Concept, Detection and Application. First placement: Postdoc at HKUST.
- Robin Jun Yang. PhD 2013. Thesis: Efficient Transactional Database Support on Flash Solid State Drives. First placement: Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore.
- Mian Lu. PhD 2012. Thesis: Accelerating Genome Sequence Analysis. First placement: Agency for Science, Techonology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore.
- Xiangye Xiao. PhD 2009. Thesis: Efficient Co-Location Pattern Discovery. Co-advised by Wei-Ying Ma of Microsoft Research Asia. First placement: Google.
- Bingsheng He. PhD 2008. Thesis: Cache-Oblivious Query Processing. First placement: Microsoft Research Asia.
- Hejun Wu. PhD 2008. Thesis: Scheduling for In-Network Sensor Query Processing. First placement: Postdoc at Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Jing Zhao. PhD 2007. Co-advised by Dik Lee. Thesis: Full-Text Keyword Search in Meta-search and P2P Networks.First placement: United International College, Zhuhai, China.
- Wenwei Xue. PhD 2007. Thesis: Event Detection for Sensor Networks. First placement: Postdoc at National University of Singapore.
- Yishui Wu. MPhil 2016. Thesis: ACCELERATING PROTEIN STRUCTURE ALIGNMENT WITH MULTICORE-CPUS AND GRAPHIC PROCESSORS. First placement: WeBank, Shenzhen.
- Ge Bai. MPhil 2014. Thesis: ACCELERATING LOSSLESS DATA COMPRESSION WITH GRAPHICS PROCESSORS. First placement: Net Ease, China.
- Senhong Wang. MPhil 2014. Thesis: ACCELERATING IN-MEMORY CROSS MATCH OF ASTRONOMICAL CATALOGS. First placement: Google, USA.
- Yan Zhao. MPhil 2014. Thesis: Accelerating Betweenness Centrality Computation on Heterogeneous Processors. First placement: Intel Shanghai.
- Junkai Wu. MPhil 2013. Thesis: Accelerating All-Pairs Shortest Path Search on GPUs. First placement: Intel Shanghai.
- Jiuxin Zhao. MPhil 2012. Thesis:Accelerating Site Frequency Spectrum Estimation with Graphics Processors. First placement: A Singapore-based private investment firm.
- Yuwei Tan. MPhil 2012. Thesis: Accelerating Genomic Sequence Compression with Graphics Processors. First placement: PhD program at University of Southern California.
- Wenbin Fang. MPhil 2010. Thesis: Mars: Accelerating MapReduce with Graphics Processors. First placement: PhD program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Yinan Li. MPhil 2009. Thesis: Tree Indexing on Flash Disks. First placement: PhD program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Tsz Wai Chiu. MPhil 2008. Thesis: WinyDB: Collaboratively Querying Sensor Networks through Handheld Devices. First placement: Price Waterhouse Coopers, Hong Kong.
- Xiangye Xiao. MPhil 2005. Thesis: Slicing*-Tree Based Web Page Transformation for Small Displays. First placement: PhD program at HKUST.
- Chun Yi Choi (Stephen). MPhil, 2004. Thesis: Template-Based Runtime Invalidation of Database-Generated Web Contents. First placement: Morgan Stanley, Hong Kong.