Challenge yourself on using the latest cool artificial
intelligence technologies to change the world!
Competition projects are encouraged to focus on (but not limited to) the following topics: Intelligent Manufacturing, Intelligent Vehicle, Intelligent Robot, Intelligent City, Intelligent Healthcare, Intelligent Logistics, Intelligent Sensing, New Material, New Energy, Equipment Manufacturing, Biomedicine, Machinery, Integrated Circuit and System and Photoelectricity, etc.
HKUST and Microsoft are holding a competition on “big idea of artificial intelligence”. Challenge yourself on using the latest cool artificial intelligence technologies to change the world! Participants are strongly encouraged to use Microsoft CNTK (http://cntk.ai/) to implement your hot ideas. Microsoft CNTK team will offer necessary technical support.
The suggested content of the executive summary outlined below are only for reference. The final content of your submission are fully determined by your teams’ discretion and needs.
Time: 2:00PM to 8:30PM, Dec 2nd, 2016
Venue: LTF in HKUST
•  2:00PM - “Challenges and Opportunities in Deep Learning”
Talk given by Dr. Tieyan Liu
•  3:00PM - Open Speech Speech of HKUST-MSRA Cup
Prof. Tim Cheng
•  3:05PM - Open Speech Speech of HKUST-MSRA Cup
Prof. Yang Qiang
•  3:10-6:10PM Student Team Presentation (9 teams, 20 minutes for each)
•  From Photo to 3D-printed Mode
Xiyang Feng (HKU), Baian Chen (HKU)
•  UX Logger: A Non-disruptive High Time-resolution Emotion Tracking Tool
to Improve User Experience using Deep Neural Network
Ka Lok Ng (CUHK), Pak-kan Wong (CUHK)
Tania Wu (HKUST), Yao-Chieh Hu (HKUST) , Kung-Hsiang Huang (HKUST)
•  Intelligent and Green Music Fountain Entertainment
Chi Man Wong (University Of Macau)
•  Big Idea of Artificial Intelligence
Long Ting Pang (HKUST) ,Ho King Tsan Wong (HKUST)
•  Noted - the Intelligent Note Taker
Yin Lok Wong (HKU), Haoran Shu (CUHK) ,Argens Ng (HKU)
•  Item Tracer using AR device and AI object recognition
Kin Nam Yip (HKUST), Chun Lok Cheung (HKUST)
•  S-Home – The best solution for a smart home
Tianyi Hu (HKU), Jingcheng Li(HKU), Xiaohan Zhong (HKU)
•  Language Detector
Yiran Wei (Hong Kong PolyU)
•  6:30-8:30PM Award Dinner
•   Participants should be in-time UG/PG students in universities of Hong Kong and Macau.
•   Each team can have at most 3 people. Each team can be combined with UG and PG students.
•   Nov. 12 – 30 Assessment
•   Dec. 2 - Award Ceremony
•   Each member in the final winning team will receive a Surface Pro, sponsored by Microsoft.
•   Please submit your work to: https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/HKUSTAIC2016
•   All submissions will be in English and must be submitted prior to the application deadline. PDF only.
•   Email address of the corresponding author needs to be included.
•   Deadline of application: Nov. 12, 2016.
•   Should you have any questions or inquiries regarding the competition, please feel free to send emails to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
•   The one-page executive summary should provide the entire idea that provides information on feasibility and viability of the proposed idea/product.
•   Its focus should be on their innovativeness.
•   The summary should introduce your idea/product, and highlight the strengths of your plan.
•   Participants are strongly encouraged to use Microsoft CNTK (http://cntk.ai/) to implement your hot ideas.
•   Mission Statement - it explains what your business is all about, what problem you are trying to solve and how you plan to solve it. It should not be too long. The proper length is between several sentences and a paragraph.
•   Description of Your Idea/ Product / Service – it briefly describes the idea/product/service that you will provide. You should also provide proof on the feasibility and viability of the innovation you are proposing. We will not accept any technology or innovation that are violating law of physics or assuming that the business is based on a technology that can only be accomplished by imagination. Source codes of the key algorithms in your proposal will add significant value to your submission, and it’s highly recommended that you open-source your codes by branching Microsoft CNTK(http://cntk.ai/).
Copyright © 2016 HKUST - CSS Collect from cssmoban