The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has always
emphasized the importance of quality assurance, and has implemented
comprehensive procedures to ensure the quality of our programs. The
following web pages provide an introduction to the quality assurance at
CSE and access to relevant information and tools.
Program: (B3301) Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to apply knowledge of a computing specialisation, and domain knowledge appropriate for the computing specialisation to the abstraction and conceptualisation of computing models.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function effectively in teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, continuing professional development.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practices.
- Promote a philosophy of learning that develops a diverse computer science/engineering student body that can be prepared for their specific profession, for advanced studies and careers in research, or for multidisciplinary knowledge
- Provide a stimulating academic research environment for individuals who, in both industry and academia, will be leaders in the pioneering of computer applications and of the development of new technology for the benefit of society
- Demonstrate technical competence in computer science and engineering design and analysis consistent with the practice of a specialist and with the broad perspective of the generalist
- Provide, at various courses, individual and group projects in design and research which, combined with classroom study, will prepare our students for the professional practice of computer science and engineering and team work
- Develop the hallmarks of professional conduct, including a knowledge of ethical choices, together with the confidence and strong communication skills to lead, to follow, and to transmit ideas effectively
- Instill learning as a lifelong activity and as a means to the creative discovery, development, and implementation of technology as well as to keep up with the dynamic nature of the Computer Science and Engineering discipline
Please visit http://obe.ust.hk/ (ITSC
login required) for the detailed mapping between Program Outcomes to
Program Objectives, and between the Program Objectives to the University
Objectives, as well as the detailed Intended Learning Outcomes for all the
courses offered by our department.
Quality Assurance Framework
The CSE Department strives to ensure the quality of our program, in
- The design and delivery of courses, programs and complementary out-of-class educational experiences;
- The evaluation and progression of students; and
- Academic advising and mentoring.
To ensure that the quality and academic standards of our educational
provision are being maintained and improved, we have set up various
committees including UG Committee, PG
Committee, UG Advising Team, and Student-Staff Liason Committee.
External Review and Feedback