3 Research Projects from CSE Department got the support from NSFC/RGC Joint Research Scheme 2007/08
After several rounds of review and the final approval of National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) and the Research Grants Council (RGC), the results for NSFC-RGC Joint Research Scheme 2007/08 have recently been released.
23 projects were selected out of 380 applications. The success rate is less than 10% due to intensive competition among applicants. We are very glad that, while 9 of the 23 projects are from HKUST, 3 of them are from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering:
- Large Scale Peer-to-Peer based Live Video Streaming over the Internet: Theory and Practice - Dr Bo Li, HKUST & Dr Hai Jin, Huazhong University of Science & Technology
- Multi-dimensional diversities in wireless opportunistic networks - Dr Qian Zhang, HKUST & Dr Zhisheng Niu, Tsinghua University
- Trustworthy computing for large-scale peer-to-peer systems - Prof Lionel M S Ni, HKUST & Prof Jinpeng Huai, Beihang University
This year, the contributions from NSFC and RGC have increased to RMB 7.5 M and HKD 15M respectively. Life science and information science are still the main fields for joint research, with 6 approved in information science and 8 in life sciences.
- 07 年基金委與香港研究資助局聯合科研項目公佈 (聯合科技網)
- NSFC/RGC Joint Research Scheme 2007/08 Supported Applications (University Grants Committee)