MPhil (CSE), HKUST, January 2009
BEng (COMP), HKUST, June 2007
* Although I am no longer engaged in active research, I am most happy to hear your feedback or comments on my work.
I received the Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) degree in Computer Science with highest honors and the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree in Computer Science and Engineering from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) in 2007 and 2009 respectively. My MPhil thesis is about visualizing the semantic structure in classical music works, and I also did an undergraduate final year thesis on visual analysis of the air pollution problem in Hong Kong. My main research interests include information visualization and visual analytics.
Admitted through the Early Admissions Scheme for Secondary Six Students (EAS) from SKH Tsang Shiu Tim Secondary School, I was enrolled in the Honors Study Track for Elite Students during my undergraduate studies and the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) in summer 2005 and 2006.
I was a Teaching Assistant (Fall 2007, Spring 2008 and Fall 2008) and a Teaching Associate (Spring 2009) in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at HKUST before I decided to make a new life following my aspirations.
Information visualization, data visualization and visual analytics.
- Postgraduate Studentship (2007 - 2009)
- HKICT Best Innovation and Research (College & Undergraduates) Silver Award and Certificate of Merit - Best Innovation Award (2007)
- Academic Achievement Award Medal - around top 1% of graduates (2007)
- EPSON Foundation Scholarship (2006 - 2007)
- AIA Foundation Scholarship (2005 - 2006)
- High Achiever Fellowship Scholarship (2004 - 2005)
- University Scholarship (2004 - 2005)
- Dean’s List Award (5 out of 6 semesters)
Native Cantonese; fluent English and Mandarin; conversational German.