Android Application Development Hands-On Workshop Held by Dr. Muppala
For the second year in a row Dr. Jogesh K. Muppala taught the Android Application Development Hands-On Workshop for HKUST students on 28 & 29 May 2012. The workshop was organized by Dr. Muppala for the benefit of all HKUST students.
Over 80 students enthusiastically attended the two-day workshop. Over the course of two days the students were introduced to various aspects of Android application development through the coverage of both Android concepts and hands-on exercises. They learnt different aspects of designing an Android application, through a series of structured hands-on exercises.
Students' reaction to the workshop was overwhelmingly positive, as evidenced by the following students' comments from the end-of-workshop survey:
- The exercises are practical. And the workshop is helpful for android starter, to learn basic knowledge in writing android applications.
- This is intensive so that we learn the skills in a practical way. It provides us a glance and a guide so we can further study this topic from the web easily.
- Detailed Examples and practical demonstration.
- The instructor was able to hold my attention in this course.
- Good presentation.
- He is very kind and patient to answer our questions.
- Kind and careful, demonstrate materials from the point of beginners.
"Once again, I am truly humbled by the enthusiastic response of the students. This gives me encouragement to do more such activities in the future," said Dr. Muppala.