Android Application Development Hands-On Workshop Held by Dr. Muppala for Computer Science and Engineering Students
Dr. Jogesh K. Muppala taught the Android Application Development Hands-On Workshop for Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) students on 1 & 3 June 2011. The workshop was jointly organized by The Computer Science and Engineering Students' Society (CSESS) and Dr. Muppala for the benefit of all the CSE students.
Over 40 students enthusiastically attended the two-day workshop. Over the course of two days the students were introduced to various aspects of Android application development through the coverage of both Android concepts and hands-on exercises. They learnt different aspects of designing an Android application, through a series of structured hands-on exercises.
Students at the Workshop
Dr. Jogesh Muppala at the Workshop
Students' reaction to the workshop was overwhelmingly positive, as evidenced by the following students' comments from the end-of-workshop survey:
- Lecturer well prepared, the topic is fresh and useful.
- Introduction of Android Apps programming, which give us a chance of applying our knowledge learnt from other courses in our real life.
- Great examples.
- There are good example and good explanation about the example.
- Although this is my first time to learn android, I feel like it is not very difficult.
- Clear instruction, guiding us through the whole process and making sure that nobody is lagged behind.
- Teaching the course in a very interesting way!
- The instructor tries his best to explain thing clearly. He shows some related examples when introducing each topic.
- The instructor provided a lot of practical examples.
- The lecture notes were well designed and presented.
- Hope there will be similar workshops in the future with different themes like other smartphone OS's application developments, web application development etc.
"We are delighted with the overwhelmingly positive response from the students to the workshop. This encourages us to organize more such workshops in the future," said Jason POON Ka-hang, Chairperson of CSESS, "We are indeed thankful to Dr. Muppala for devoting his personal time to teach us this workshop."
"I am truly humbled by the enthusiastic response of the students. This gives me encouragement to do more such activities in the future," said Dr. Muppala.